Published December 9, 2010 - 4:20am
NEW: Discuss this topic in the Google+ community for SEC fans.
Yes, 2010 sucked for the Gators. A 7-5 record with a quality of play on the field that made 7-5 feel even worse. We all get it, but it’s time to give the Florida coaching staff a break and here’s nine reasons why.
- Jermaine Cunningham – now starting for the New England Patriots
- Brandon Spikes – now starting for the New England Patriots
- Joe Haden – playing significant time for the Cleveland Browns
- Maurkice Pouncey – now starting for the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Carlos Dunlap – now starting for the Cincinnati Bengals
- Riley Cooper – playing for the Philadelphia Eagles
- Major Wright – drafted by the Chicago Bears
- Aaron Hernandez – having a great rookie season for the New England Patriots
- Tim Tebow – drafted by the Denver Broncos
That is an insane list of talent that Florida had in 2009 and did not have in 2010 Time for some perspective no?
Let’s also not forget the massive adjustments that are required after losing the coordinators in Dan Mullen and Charlie Strong.
You don’t rebound overnight after a loss of talent like this, even if you are bringing in top recruits every year.
Note: This was written before Urban Meyer resigned. While still applicable, Florida is back to the drawing board seeking a new CEO for the team.