Today is 10/10/10 and every Alabama fan is aware of what happened yesterday in Columbia, South Carolina. Bama fans are used to winning, and they should be. With 29 consecutive regular season victories dating back to the 2007 football season, another National Championship, and their first Heisman trophy winner, these are good times for the Tide. This minor setback increases the pressure to win out the remainder of the season. It is time to keep that chin up, learn from this loss, and return to your winning ways.
Here are 10 quotes from Paul ‘Bear’ Bryant to encourage Alabama fans:
1) It’s awfully important to win with humility. It’s also important to lose. I hate to lose worse than anyone, but if you never lose you won’t know how to act. If you lose with humility, then you can come back.
2) I think the most important thing of all for any team is a winning attitude. The coaches must have it. The players must have it. The student body must have it. If you have dedicated players who believe in themselves, you don’t need a lot of talent.
3) Losing doesn’t make me want to quit. It makes me want to fight that much harder.
4) I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.
5) If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit – you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.
6) I have tried to teach them to show class, to have pride, and to display character. I think football, winning games, takes care of itself if you do that.
7) I honestly believe that if you are willing to out-condition the opponent, have confidence in your ability, be more aggressive than your opponent and have a genuine desire for team victory, you will become the national champions. If you have all the above, you will acquire confidence and poise, and you will have those intangibles that win the close ones.
8) First there are those who are winners, and know they are winners. Then there are the losers who know they are losers. Then there are those who are not winners, but don’t know it. They’re the ones for me. They never quit trying. They’re the soul of our game.
9) If we’d beaten ’em, I wouldn’t be going out.
10) If wanting to win is a fault, as some of my critics seem to insist, then I plead guilty. I like to win. I know no other way. It’s in my blood.