Published October 1, 2011 - 7:50am
NEW: Discuss this topic in the Google+ community for SEC fans.
There are some great SEC football games on today, and here are my top five performers of the day predictions for week five, in alphabetical order of course:
1. Tyler Bray, Tennessee: Tennessee is looking to let out some frustration that has been bottled up since the Florida loss, and Buffalo will feel the brunt of this frustration. I think Tyler Bray comes out and has a huge day against this Buffalo defense. He should throw for over 300 with two touchdowns, at least.
2. Sharrif Floyd, Florida: Floyd has been overshadowed somewhat at Florida this year with the dominance of Dominique Easley and Jaye Howard, and Floyd has been moved to defensive end this year. It has been a slow learning curve for him, but I think today it clicks against a run-heavy Alabama team. I think Floyd has a chance to have a big day for the Gators.
3. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina: Lattimore should have a monster day for the Gamecocks against the worst defense in the SEC in Auburn. The Tigers are giving up over 200 yards per game on the ground, and Steve Spurrier will stick to the ground game. Lattimore might have 35 carries for 200 yards again today if Stephen Garcia can’t get anything going through the air.
4. Aaron Murray, Georgia: Murray should have a big day against Mississippi State. He’s a great quarterback, and the running game is making him even better with the emergence of Isaiah Crowell. Play action will be huge today for the Bulldogs against a stingy State defense, and Murray will have a chance to have a big day on his home turf.
5. Spencer Ware, LSU: Ware will be running against the second worst defense in the SEC in Kentucky. Florida ran for 400 yards last week against the Wildcats, and Ware should have a monster day in Baton Rouge today. I love the way this kid runs the football because he is very physical.