Published April 23, 2012 - 9:44am
NEW: Discuss this topic in the Google+ community for SEC fans.
We’ve counted down from the weakest schedules in the conference next season, and we now have come to the top. The Ole Miss Rebels’ 2012 schedule isn’t just the most difficult schedule in 2012, it’s not even close. This schedule is so hard, Hugh Freeze might regret accepting this position come November. Have a look and decide for yourself…
2012 Ole Miss Schedule
- Sep 01 – Central Arkansas Bears
- Sep 08 – UTEP Miners
- Sep 15 – Texas Longhorns
- Sep 22 – at Tulane Green Wave
- Sep 29 – at Alabama Crimson Tide
- Oct 06 – Texas A&M Aggies
- Oct 13 – Auburn Tigers
- Oct 20 – BYE
- Oct 27 – at Arkansas Razorbacks
- Nov 03 – at Georgia Bulldogs
- Nov 10 – Vanderbilt Commodores
- Nov 17 – at LSU Tigers
- Nov 24 – Mississippi State Bulldogs
- 7 Home Games
- 5 Road Games
- 1 legit non-conference game (Texas)
- 3 Cupcakes (Central Ark, UTEP, Tulane)
- 5 top 25 opponents (#2 Alabama, #3 LSU, #5 Georgia, #11 Arkansas, #22 Texas) using ESPN’s early top 25 estimate
- 6 top 25 opponents (#1 LSU, #4 Arkansas, #5 Alabama, #9 Georgia, #21 Texas, #23 Auburn) using an early SI poll
- SEC West: 1st
- SEC: 1st
Ole Miss doesn’t just play arguably the toughest four teams in the SEC in a single season (Arkansas, Alabama, LSU, Georgia), but they play every one of them on the road. Throw in games against SEC West teams Auburn and Texas A&M as well as an Egg Bowl rivalry, and Ole Miss could be looking at a demoralizing season.
Oh yeah, let’s schedule a non-conference game against Texas while we’re at it. What’s the matter, the Trojans weren’t available?
Ole Miss better start 2-0 against Central Arkansas and UTEP, or this thing will get ugly quick. The schedule is amazing. Have at it Rebels. I’ll be cheering for you during your run through this beast of a gauntlet.
Congratulations to Ole Miss for having by far the toughest schedule in 2012.