Published January 9, 2012 - 2:01pm
NEW: Discuss this topic in the Google+ community for SEC fans.
* All lines courtesy Sportsbook.com
Alabama vs LSU – Will there be a Defensive or Special Teams Touchdown
No – 180
I love this bet on many levels.
- Both teams have average at best Quarterbacks going against elite defenses. All we need is for just one of those average QB’s to try to be a hero and we’re counting our money after a pick six.
- Les Miles coaches like I play XBOX. Unless we are pinned inside our own 10 there is about a 60% chance we will see a fake FG or another Brad Wing option-punt like we saw against Florida. Les has been conservative for 13 games and he’s itching to remind America that he is still the batshit crazy madman we all know and love.
- Don’t sleep on Marquis Maze. Everyone will be talking about Tyrann Mathieu, and for good reason, but Maze will be the 2nd most dangerous man on the field and with these defenses he should have a few opportunities to make a play on a punt return.
- How much fun will it be to bet on the Honey Badger? Every time Alabama punts, every time an Alabama ball carrier gets past the line of scrimmage, every time AJ McCarron drops back to pass you could be about to make money.
Alabama vs LSU – Team to Commit FIRST Penalty
There is a little known clause in the SEC Bylaws that says Alabama Offensive Lineman cannot be called for Holding, so that helps. Penalties reflect discipline so I’m going to go with the team that isn’t smoking synthetic weed and curb stomping marines.
LSU – Total Points – Odd or Even
These are the kind of thoughtless bets that I love. Still, even the most basic research will show that LSU Played 14 games this season and in only 4 of those games did they finish with an even number.
Alabma vs LSU – Team to Have Shortest Field Goal
With Alabama, we know that Long Field Goals are out of the question. Hey-Now! Seriously, Alabama is all about short Field Goals. They even have a kicker, Jeremy Shelley, who they call “The Short Field Goal Kicker”. They call him that to his face! The PC nickname is actually somehow more offensive than, “Jeremy Shelley, the Nancy-Legged Kicker.”
Alabama vs LSU – Will Either Team Score 3 Straight Times w/o Other Team Scoring
Score 3 straight times without the other team scoring? I’m not even sure one of these teams can score 3 times.