Published September 28, 2012 - 12:20pm
NEW: Discuss this topic in the Google+ community for SEC fans.
It’s Friday afternoon, and that can only mean one thing…It’s time to put your money where your mouth is.
Last week, we went somewhat big on Florida, and it paid off. We placed a decent size bet on LSU which didn’t hit, then we added the same size bet on Georgia on Saturday afternoon along with 2 single unit bets on the Oregon game which didn’t hit. Another up week.
- South Carolina -5 at Vanderbilt – 5 units (loss)
- Tennessee -3 vs NC State – 8 units (win)
- Oregon -38 vs Arkansas State – 1 unit (loss)
- Alabama -14 vs Michigan – 1 unit (win)
- Week 1 Total: up 3 units
- Florida +1.5 at Texas A&M – 3 units (win)
- Georgia -4 at Missouri – 4 units (win)
- ULM +31.5 vs Arkansas – 2 units (win)
- Ohio State -17 vs UCF – 2 units (loss)
- Temple -10 vs Maryland – 1 unit (loss)
- Oregon -7.5 (first quarter) vs Fresno State – 1 unit (win)
- Week 2 Total: up 7 units
- Alabama -20 at Arkansas – 8 units (win)
- USC -10 at Stanford – 2 units (loss)
- 4-Team teaser – 2 units (loss)
- Texas -10 at Ole Miss – 1 unit (win)
- Week 3 Total: up 5 units
- Florida -25 vs Kentucky – 6 units (win)
- LSU -22 at Auburn – 3 units (loss)
- Georgia -15 vs Vanderbilt – 3 units (win)
- 4-Team teaser – 1 unit (loss)
- Oregon over/unders – 2 x 1 unit each (both losses)
- Week 4 Total: up 3 units
So we’re up 18 units on the season. If 1 unit is $25, then we’re up $450 on the season. We’re on a nice win streak. Let’s see if we can keep it going.
Looking at week 5, my game of the week is Georgia against Tennessee. In Athens, I think Georgia is hitting on all cylinders right now. Both their offense and defense are top notch. The big play ability is huge and I think Tennessee is in trouble. Meanwhile, Georgia gets guys like Rambo and Ogletree back. Georgia can easily put up 40 at home against Tennessee.
- Georgia -13.5 vs Tennessee – 10 units
If I’m piling on Tennessee, I’m also going to pile on Kentucky. South Carolina is also playing very well, though you might be concerned that they are looking ahead to Georgia next week. I think the pass rush and ground game of South Carolina piles on the points.
- South Carolina -22 vs Kentucky – 2 units
I’m staying away from the 4-team teasers this week as it’s just been a waste of money that has been eating into my returns. We’ve hit our largest bet each of the first four weeks this season, so here’s hoping we get a Georgia cover. What I would like to see is a Georgia blow out and then a really big spread against South Carolina next week of which I’ll be tempted to take SC and the points. I think Georgia is better, but South Carolina is built to keep the game closer – much more than the Vols, in my opinion.