Published February 27, 2012 - 10:11am
NEW: Discuss this topic in the Google+ community for SEC fans.
The Kentucky Wildcats face a tough 2012 schedule. We rank them the 2nd toughest schedule in the SEC East and they easily have one of the toughest five week stretches in the SEC this year. Let’s take a look at what the Cats face in 2012.
2012 Kentucky Wildcats Schedule
- Sep 01 – at Louisville Cardinals
- Sep 08 – Kent State Golden Flashes
- Sep 15 – Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
- Sep 22 – at Florida Gators
- Sep 29 – South Carolina Gamecocks
- Oct 06 – Mississippi State Bulldogs
- Oct 13 – at Arkansas Razorbacks
- Oct 20 – Georgia Bulldogs
- Oct 27 – at Missouri Tigers
- Nov 03 – Vanderbilt Commodores
- Nov 10 – BYE
- Nov 17 – Samford Bulldogs
- Nov 24 – at Tennessee Volunteers
- 7 Home Games
- 5 Road Games
- 1 Legitimate non-conference game (Louisville)
- 3 Cupcakes (Kent State, Western Kentucky, Samford)
- 4 top 25 opponents (#5 Georgia, #10 South Carolina, #11 Arkansas, #25 Florida) using ESPN’s early top 25 estimate
- 3 top 25 opponents (#4 Arkansas, #7 South Carolina, #9 Georgia) using an early SI poll
- SEC East: 2nd
- SEC: 8th
Kentucky will have their hands full in 2012. They start the year off with a nice little non-conference, rivalry game against Louisville. This is an important win that might determine bowl eligibility for the Cats. With three cupcakes that are all must wins, Kentucky will have to win a couple SEC games in order to get into a bowl game.
The SEC schedule isn’t favorable for the Cats and the five week stretch of at Florida, South Carolina, Mississippi State, at Arkansas, then Georgia is brutal. If they can win one of these games, it will be a major victory. They have to go on the road the next week to Mizzou, so it’s quite the six week stretch.
Stay tuned as we break down each team’s schedule counting up to the toughest schedule. If you want a sneak peak at the full list, you’ll have to add SDS to your “Circles” on Google Plus here then view the recent posts.