Published March 5, 2012 - 6:35pm
NEW: Discuss this topic in the Google+ community for SEC fans.
The LSU Tigers bring back a ton of talent in 2012, and they’re going to need it. With the 7th most difficult schedule in the SEC, the Bayou Bengals have a tough road in 2012. Interestingly, LSU goes from a brutal September in 2011 to a relatively easy one in 2012. October and November, however, are very difficult.
2012 LSU Tigers Schedule
- Sep 01 – North Texas Mean Green
- Sep 08 – Washington Huskies
- Sep 15 – Idaho Vandals
- Sep 22 – at Auburn Tigers
- Sep 29 – Towson Tigers
- Oct 06 – at Florida Gators
- Oct 13 – South Carolina Gamecocks
- Oct 20 – at Texas A&M Aggies
- Oct 27 – BYE
- Nov 03 – Alabama Crimson Tide
- Nov 10 – Mississippi State Bulldogs
- Nov 17 – Ole Miss Rebels
- Nov 24 – at Arkansas Razorbacks
- 8 Home Games
- 4 Road Games
- 1 Legitimate non-conference game (Washington)
- 3 Cupcakes (North Texas, Idaho, Towson)
- 4 top 25 opponents (#2 Alabama, #10 South Carolina, #11 Arkansas, #25 Florida) using ESPN’s early top 25 estimate
- 3 top 25 opponents (#4 Arkansas, #5 Alabama, #7 South Carolina, #23 Auburn) using an early SI poll
- SEC West: 5th
- SEC: 7th
LSU benefits from 8 home games in 2012, but all four road games are legitimate (Auburn, Florida, Texas A&M, Arkansas). LSU draws two very difficult SEC East teams in Florida (road game) and South Carolina.
The Tigers benefit from a bye week before the Alabama game, but four straight SEC West games in the month of November is going to be a bruiser.
Stay tuned as we break down each team’s schedule counting up to the toughest schedule. If you want a sneak peak at the full list, you’ll have to add SDS to your “Circles” on Google Plus here then view the recent posts.