Published July 12, 2012 - 7:40amNEW: Follow on facebook -
The new Vandy football uniforms, designed by the Vanderbilt football staff, are made with Nike’s high-tenacity Cordura knit fabric and feature black, gold and white jerseys and pants. The final piece of equipment that was shown to the crowd was a white helmet. Last season, Vanderbilt debuted a black helmet that the team wore in addition to their gold helmet.
Several key changes are incorporated in the 2012 design:
- For the first time since 1994,”Vanderbilt” will be displayed on the front ofCommodore jerseys. The name will be in all caps above jersey numbers.
- A gold “anchor” emblem adorns the homeplate or front “V” neck of all jerseys. Last year, the Star V logo was stitched there.
- “Anchor Down” text is stitched in the interior of each jersey neckline.
- Nike’s iconic “flywire” stitching is incorporated into the high impact shoulder area of each jersey.
- The gold jersey top features black shoulder coverings, black lettering and black numbers. Last year, the gold jersey had white numbers.
- All jerseys have an updated circular SEC patch stitched over the right breast. The Nike swoosh is over the left breast.
- Star V logos will adorn each hip of the pants. In 2011,a lone Star V logo was located on the left front of the uniform pant.
The uniforms were unveiled at a ceremony last night and here are some photos and videos of it: