Published October 16, 2012 - 10:38amNEW: Follow on facebook -
Welcome to week 8 of the SDS “Pick Ten” challenge where you get to prove your SEC football knowledge on a week-to-week basis.
Each week, SDS will put out a series of point spreads and over/under calls for SDS readers to chime in and predict. We call it the “Pick Ten” Challenge because each week it’ll be a combination of ten spreads and over/unders.
Prize: The winner this week will get a free copy of EA Sports’ NCAA Football 2013. Winner can choose between XBox 360 or Playstation 3 version.
- Week 1: dennisdergunov with 9 points
- Week 2: Orangepants & Donniekmiec both with 7 points
- Week 3: joshwaters with 7 points (Jeffswarr I think had 8 but I’m not sure he knows how over/unders work)
- Week 4: shawnthomas with 9 points
- Week 5: Coolbama24 with 8 points
- Week 6: dennisdergunov, shawnthomas all with 8 points – both guys who have already won a previous week – well done! Two other participants had 8 points also but lost the tie breaker as detailed below.
- Week 7: jack2k5, njdomer both with 10 points – both missed the over/under tiebreaker so it’s a tie. Whichever one of you plays this week and follows steps #2 and #3 below will be declared week 7 winner.
- Login and add a comment at the bottom of this post including your predictions on the below point spreads and over/unders.
- Then, click your name above your comment to go to your profile. Select your team on your profile page.
- Add your gravatar at www.gravatar.com using the same email you used for your SDS account.
- Tie breaker will be determined by #2 and #3 on the instructions.
- South Carolina at Florida (-3)
- Auburn at Vanderbilt (-7)
- Alabama (-20.5) at Tennessee
- LSU (-3.5) at Texas A&M
- Georgia (-35) at Kentucky
- Middle Tenn St at Mississippi State (-27)
- Tyler Bray over/under 250 passing yards against Alabama
- Jeff Driskel’s combined passing and rushing yards will be over/under Connor Shaw’s combined passing and rushing yards
- Johnny Manziel rushes for over/under 75 yards against LSU
- Alabama rushes for over/under 225 yards against Tennessee
Tie Breaker: The combined score of LSU-TAMU will be over/under 45 total points