Published September 3, 2012 - 1:30pm
NEW: Discuss this topic in the Google+ community for SEC fans.
Here is the week two injury tracker for the SEC:
- WR Cobi Hamilton didn’t play much due to an injury “above the shoulders” suffered in the first half. John L. Smith was unsure whether it was a concussion or a neck injury.
- LB Darren Bates led the team in tackles against Clemson and picked off Tajh Boyd, but he suffered a shoulder injury that kept him in and out of the lineup during the game. His status going forward is unclear at the moment, but Gene Chizik thinks he’ll be fine.
- OT Matt Patchan sat out the opening game with a shoulder injury, and Will Muschamp doesn’t expect him to be back for the Texas A&M game either.
- Malcolm Mitchell hurt his ankle last Thursday and was unable to play this past weekend. Mitchell is still unsure if he’ll be able to go this weekend. He was on crutches during the game Saturday.
- WR Marlon Brown was also scratched from the lineup due to a strained hamstring last week. He should be okay for next week.
- John Theus was injured during the game with a left ankle injury, but it was just an ankle sprain. He should be clear for Missouri.
- QB Zach Mettenberger was rattled during the North Texas game because of a blitz he didn’t’ see coming in the first half. The corner got a clean hit on Mettenberger unblocked and knocked him out for a series. He returned later in the game, but he didn’t look to be himself throughout the game. He should be fine, though.
- QB Connor Shaw is expected to be okay for the long run, but he is questionable for the short run with a deep bone bruise on his shoulder. Steve Spurrier said Shaw is having a hard time lifting his arm right now. This is a “wait and see” type deal for Shaw for ECU this weekend.
- LB Herman Lathers hurt his shoulder against NC State and is probable this week, and his shoulder injury is not anything severe.