Published February 21, 2013 - 2:00pm
NEW: Discuss this topic in the Google+ community for SEC fans.
Arkansas has two players projected to be picked in the early rounds in record-setting QB Tyler Wilson and WR Cobi Hamilton. Other prospects include OL Alvin Bailey and RB Knile Davis.
Over the last five years, Arkansas has had 15 players drafted.
- Jake Bequette, New England (3rd round)
- Joe Adams, Carolina (4th round)
- Jarius Wright, Minnesota (4th round)
- Greg Childs, Minnesota (4th round)
- Ryan Mallett, New England (3rd round)
- DJ Williams, Green Bay (5th round)
- DeMarcus Love, Minnesota (6th round)
- Mitch Petrus, New York Giants (5th round)
- Jonathan Luigs, Cincinnati (4th round)
- Darren McFadden, Oakland (1st round)
- Felix Jones, Dallas (1st round)
- Marcus Harrison, Chicago (3rd round)
- Nate Garner, Miami (7th round)
- Peyton Hillis, Denver (7th round)
- Marcus Monk, Chicago (7th round)
Best Pro: There’s little doubt that Darren McFadden has had the brightest career of any Razorback drafted in the last five years. Run DMC has rushed for 3,334 yards and 18 touchdowns during his five-year career. Both Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis have had great careers, too, but only Hillis and McFadden have logged at least one 1,000-yard season.
Most Disappointing Pro: The most disappointing pro player for me is Jonathan Luigs. Luigs was considered one of the top center prospects in the 2010 draft, and he was a fourth-round pick and signed a $2.26 million deal. But Luigs never lived up to his potential in the man’s league and was waived after only one season with the Bengals.
Photo Credit: Kirby Lee/Image of Sport-USA TODAY Sports