Ole Miss officially welcomed eight newcomers for the spring semester with five transfers and three high school early enrollees.
The biggest impact newcomer of these nine is DT Lavon Hooks. He’s the top JUCO DT in the country, and his size and physical play will be a big asset for the Rebels in ’13. Also, former Ole Miss athlete Nickolas Brassell makes his second run as a player for the Rebels. He debuted as a freshman in 2011 at both receiver and cornerback, and it’s undecided exactly what his position will be in 2013.
With both Hooks and Brassell known as impact players, receiver Quandarias Mireles is a burner and could turn heads at receiver next season.
- DB Nickolas Brassell (East Miss Community College)
- QB Anthony Alford (Southern Miss)
- C Austin Douglas (Northwest Miss Community College)
- DT Lavon Hooks (Northeast Miss Community College)
- WR Quandarias Mireles (Hinds Community College)
- RB Mark Dodson (Memphis, TN)
- TE Christian Morgan (Plano, TX)
- Andy Pappanastos (Montgomery, AL)