Published January 27, 2013 - 10:00amNEW: Follow on facebook -
Yesterday, several SEC seniors littered the South’s roster in the Senior Bowl in Mobile hoping to impress scouts and improve their draft status after a week-long practice that showcased their talents.
Here are some notable players and their stats from yesterday’s game:
- Tyler Wilson, Arkansas, QB: 8-11 for 40 yards
- Mike Gillislee, Florida, RB: 10 carries for 48 yards
- Michael Williams, Alabama, TE: 2 catches for 39 yards and one touchdown
- Tavarres King, Georgia, WR: 2 catches for 19 yards
- Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas: 1 catch for 3 yards
- Bacarri Rambo, DB, Georgia: 1 INT for 22 yards
- Zaviar Gooden, LB, Missouri: 1 INT for 30 yards
Former Alabama TE Michael Williams provided one of the game’s only highlights with his 20-yard touchdown reception from former FSU QB EJ Manuel in the first quarter.
One of the brightest future stars in attendance was former Kentucky offensive lineman Larry Warford. Warford was a hot topic among NFL scouts in attendance, and he’ll be a great player at the next level.
Missouri linebacker Zaviar Gooden was named as the most outstanding linebacker during the week. Some scouts called him an “athletic freak” with his size and speed.
Next up is the NFL Combine.
Photo Credit: Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports