Published April 30, 2013 - 10:15amNEW: Follow on facebook -
We’ve barely had enough time to assess the 2013 record-setting draft class, but several SEC players are in the top 30 prospects for 2014’s draft.
Several from the SEC are already on the radar, and Jadeveon Clowney wasn’t No. 1 on this NFL.com list, as that went to Teddy Bridgewater:
2. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
5. Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
8. AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama
10. Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
12. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
15. CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama
20. Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
22. Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
28. Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU
Notably absent from Bucky Brookes’ top 30 prospects is Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel. Manziel’s size and arm strength are knocks, as well as his sandlot play. How does that translate to the NFL?
I’ve contended for a few months that Manziel will get better as a player, but his numbers will decrease production-wise. There is so much upside to him as a passer, and he was merely just scraping the barrel to his passing ability, which looked average at times.
Photo Credit: Jeff Blake-USA TODAY Sports