CBSSports and NFLDraftScout revealed its 2014 top NFL Draft prospects, and 10 SEC players were projected in the top 32 (considered first round picks).
Twenty-five SEC players filled the list of the top 100 prospects.
Jadeveon Clowney highlights the list as the top projected player, and right behind Clowney is Texas A&M’s future NFL franchise tackle Jake Matthews. Mississippi State’s Gabe Jackson is considered the closest offensive guard to former Alabama road grader Chance Warmack.
AJ McCarron snuck in the top 50 at No. 47, and Johnny Manziel follows McCarron at No. 57. The one surprise is Aaron Murray, who’s not even considered a top 100 prospect at No. 103.
Here are the first-round projections for 2014:
1. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
2. Jake Matthews, OL, Texas A&M
7. Cyrus Kouandjio, OL, Alabama
10. CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama
15. Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
17. Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
22. Antonio Richardson, OL, Tennessee
26. Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
29. Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama
31. HaHa Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
Other SEC projections in top 100, with notables bolded:
38. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
41. Anthony Steen, OG, Alabama
43. Craig Loston, S, LSU
45. Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
46. Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
47. AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama
49. AJ Johnson, LB, Tennessee
50. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
57. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
60. Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
61. Cedric Ogbuehi, OL, Texas A&M
63. Malcolm Mitchell, WR, Georgia
66. Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
93. Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida
100. Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas
103. Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
Photo Credit: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports