The NFL Draft is literally right around the corner in May, and we’ll have the NFL Combine to watch these fantastic athletes compete against one another.
ESPN draft guru Todd McShay projects 11 SEC players in his Mock Draft 1.0, and things will change as both the NFL sorts itself out as they continue to play for picks and players come out of nowhere in the NFL Combine.
The SEC had a record 63 players picked in last year’s draft, and 12 of those came in the first round. So, there’s little to no drop off in this year’s draft for the Southeastern Conference.
Here’s a look at McShay’s first-round projection:
2. Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M (St. Louis Rams)
4. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M (Jacksonville Jaguars)
5. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina (Atlanta Falcons)
10. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama (Tennessee Titans)
11. CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama (New York Giants)
14. HaHa Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama (St. Louis Rams)
20. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M (Baltimore Ravens)
21. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida (Chicago Bears)
23. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (Cleveland Browns)
29. Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida (New Orleans Saints)
32. Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee (Seattle Seahawks)
Photo Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports