Published December 4, 2013 - 11:26amNEW: Follow on facebook -
Surpassing 3,000 yards in any league is quite an accomplishment, and the SEC was a quarterback league in 2013.
Related: Six RBs surpass 1,000 yards
Four signal callers surpassed the mark, and one more has a shot to do it in the bowl game. Only the Pac-12 has more 3,000-yard passers with five. The SEC also had four quarterbacks surpass the mark last season in Tyler Bray, Johnny Manziel, Tyler Wilson and Aaron Murray. Furthermore, Murray accomplished the feat all four years of his career en route to setting the SEC passing yardage record.
Here are the players to accomplish the feat in the 2013 regular season:
- Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M, 3,732 yards, 33 TDs, 13 INTs
- Bo Wallace, Ole Miss, 3,090 yards, 17 TDs, 9 INTs
- Zach Mettenberger, LSU, 3,082 yards, 22 TDs, 8 TDs
- Aaron Murray, Georgia, 3,075 yards, 26 TDs, 9 INTs
Outside shot of surpassing the mark in the bowl game:
- AJ McCarron, Alabama, 2,676 yards, 26 TDs, 5 INTs
Photo Credit: Spruce Derden-USA TODAY Sports