National Signing Day is only 25 days away, and February 6th will be mayhem just like every year. Let’s take a look at where your SEC team is ranked nationally and within the conference, and one player who now tops the wish list. Rankings are based on composite team rankings from 247Sports.com.
No. 1 class in SEC
No. 1 class in the country
Headlined by OLB Jonathan Allen, TE OJ Howard and ATH Derrick Henry
Wish list: DT Eddie Vanderdoes – Vanderdoes decommitted from USC before the high school all-star games, and he’s on the market for Bama. Vanderdoes’ stock has risen, and Bama is right in the mix of things. His 6-4, 310-pound body would be huge for Saban at nose tackle.
No. 2 class in SEC
No. 3 class in the country
Headlined by CB Vernon Hargreaves III, RB Kelvin Taylor and OLB Daniel McMillian
Wish list: DT Montravius Adams – Florida loses three defensive linemen this season, and Adams is almost a must get on top of the wish list. Adams could be down to Clemson and Florida, with Georgia, Auburn and Alabama on the outside looking in.
No. 3 class in SEC
No. 7 class overall
Headlined by ATH Ricky Seals-Jones, WR Derrick Griffin and DT Justin Manning
Wish list: CB MacKensie Alexander – The Aggies need defensive players with so much talent leaving this year. And they could land a premier lockdown-type corner for the future with Alexander.
No. 4 class in SEC
No. 8 class in the country
Headlined by OT Ethan Pocic, DE Kendell Beckwith and and DT Greg Gilmore
Wish list: DE Robert Nkemdiche – It’s looking more like LSU has a real shot with Nkemdiche down the stretch. Ole Miss is the favorite to land him, but the Tigers are right in the mix with the Rebels today.
No. 5 class in SEC
No. 10 class in the country
Headlined by QB Brice Ramsey, WR Tramel Terry and OLB Leonard Floyd
Wish list: OL Laremy Tunsil – The top offensive line prospect Tunsil is down to Alabama, Ole Miss and Georgia, with UGA said to be the favorite. Tunsil would be a huge addition for Mark Richt, and he would solidify the line for the next three years.
No. 6 class in SEC
No. 15 class in the country
Headlined by DE Carl Lawson, DT Dee Liner and DE Tashawn Bower
Wish list: LB Reuben Foster – The one-time Auburn and Alabama commit Foster is still undecided on where he will attend college. However, it would not surprise anyone if he went crawling back to the Tigers on signing day. He and his family are settled in the area, and that should cement Foster to Auburn on signing day.
No. 7 class in SEC
No. 16 class in the country
Headlined by LB Larenz Bryant, DT Kelsey Griffin and RB David Williams
Wish list: DT Keith Bryant – Pull Bryant out of the state of Florida over both Miami and FSU would be a big win for the Gamecocks, but it’s an uphill battle. USC, however, still remains on the list.
No. 8 class in SEC
No. 17 class in the country
Headlined by DT Lavon Hooks, ATH Nickolas Brassell and ATH Jeremy Liggins
Wish list: DE Robert Nkemdiche – At this point in the game missing on Robert Nkemdiche would be a huge disappointment And Nkemdiche isn’t the only big fish still left on the board, as WR Laquon Treadwell has the Rebels high, too.
No. 9 class in SEC
No. 22 class in the country
Headlined by RB Ashton Shumpert, WR Corey Smith and DE Chris Jones
Wish list: CB MacKensie Alexander – With two senior corners in Darius Slay and Johnthan Banks leaving, Alexander would have a chance to step in and play from day one at MSU.
No. 10 class in SEC
No. 30 class in the country
Headlined by WR Ryan Jenkins, ATH Jalen Reeves-Maybin and OT Austin Sanders
Wish list: DE Carl Lawson – Tennessee looks like the team with momentum for Lawson in January right now. Could the Vols flip Lawson on signing day? Lawson has to make a trip to Knoxville first, but he looks to be headed elsewhere.
No. 11 class in SEC
No. 32 class in the country
Headlined by RB Johnathan Ford, LB Nigel Bowden, and QB Johnathon McCrary
Wish list: CB Jalen Ramsey – The USC Trojans commit and local Nashville prospect Ramsey is on everyone’s radar, especially since Monte Kiffin is gone. The Dores are desperately trying to make up ground on Ramsey to stay home, but it’s a longshot.
No. 12 class in SEC
No. 36 class in the country
Headlined by S Chase Abbington, WR J’Mon Moore and QB Trent Hosick
Wish list: DT Josh Augusta – Mizzou needs some big bodies in the trenches, and Augusta fits the mold to get early playing time and helps build depth at a big position of need.
No. 13 class in SEC
No. 50 class in the country
Headlined by DE Za’Darius Smith, DE Alvonte Bell and DT Jacob Hyde
Wish list: QB Asiantii Woulard – Woulard was set to make a decision at the Army All-American game, and then he decided he wasn’t so sure. Woulard will make a visit to Kentucky this weekend. The Cats will try and close the deal on the star dual-threat QB.
No. 14 class in SEC
No. 61 class in the country
Headlined by CB Carroll Washington, TE Hunter Henry and QB Austin Allen
Wish list: RB Alex Collins – Wisconsin was considered a favorite to land Collins due to their power running game, and now Bret Bielema is on Collins at Arkansas. Florida, Arkansas and Miami are the three teams that will battle for Collins’ signature.
Top Uncommitted Prospects Looking At SEC
#1 Robert Nkemdiche, DL
- Nkemdiche originally committed to Clemson.
- He’s likely down to Ole Miss and LSU.
- His brother plays for Ole Miss, and the Rebels are the team to beat for his services.
- Can you imagine the #1 overall prospect landing at Ole Miss in the SEC West? It’s going to happen.
#2 Montravius Adams, DT
- The Georgia native has long-since thought to be a Clemson-Georgia battle.
- Florida has now entered the picture and has momentum with Adams, and Auburn has always recruited him, especially now that Rodney Garner is there.
- There are not many instant-impact defensive tackles as freshmen, but Adams could be just that.
#4 Laremy Tunsil, OT
- Tunsil lives in Florida’s back yard, but like most Lake City players, he looks elsewhere to play.
- Tunsil is down to Georgia, Ole Miss and Alabama, and the Bulldogs are the favorite right now.
- He’s also scheduled to make visits to Ole Miss and Florida State, but Tunsil should land in the SEC.
#8 Tony Conner, S
- The Mississippi native will visit five schools in January – Ole Miss, Alabama, Mississippi State, Georgia and LSU.
- However, Ole Miss remains the team to beat, and adding Connor and Nkemdiche would be an impressive haul.
#10 Reuben Foster, LB
- Foster had been committed to Auburn, but when Gus Malzahn did not retain Trooper Taylor, Foster de-committed.
- Foster is originally from Georgia, and the Bulldogs are still very much in this battle.
- Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M, Miami and South Carolina are all mentioned, but it would surprise no one if he stuck with Auburn in the end.
#13 Matthew Thomas, OLB
- Thomas has thought to been a Miami-Florida State battle only.
- Two SEC teams are entering the picture in Georgia and Alabama.
- Thomas could be one of two prospects on this list to not end up in the SEC.
#17 Alex Collins, RB
- Much like Thomas, Collins was thought to be a Florida State-Miami battle, especially being from South Florida.
- Collins’ highlight tape will remind you of Trent Richardson and Todd Gurley.
- However, Florida surprisingly has momentum with Collins heading down the stretch. This could be a Miami-Florida battle for Collins on National Signing Day.
#25 Vonn Bell, DB
- The Georgia native has a pair of SEC schools and Ohio State in the mix.
- Bell is down to Tennessee and Alabama in the SEC.
- However, Alabama is leading right now, with Tennessee a close second.
- This could be Butch Jones’ first five-star prospect at Tennessee.
Photo Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports