Published February 28, 2013 - 8:26am
NEW: Discuss this topic in the Google+ community for SEC fans.
Now that the combine is over, we’ll start to see mock draft projections start rolling in. And no one has a truly accurate idea of every team’s pick until all big-time free agents are signed in March.
But SI.com’s Mock Draft 2.0 projects the first four picks will be former SEC players, as well as 13 total picks in the first round. The record is still held by the ACC in 2006 with 12 first rounders picked.
The breakdown per conference is follows:
- SEC: 13
- Big 12: 6
- Pac-12: 5
- ACC: 4
- Indep: 2
- MAC: 1
- CUSA: 1
And you’ll notice zero Big Ten players are projected in the 1st round.
Here are the projections:
1. Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M (Chiefs)
2. Dee Milliner, Alabama (Jaguars)
3. Sharrif Floyd, Florida (Oakland)
4. Chance Warmack, Alabama (Philadelphia)
9. Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee (Jets)
14. Sheldon Richardon, Missouri (Carolina)
15. Jarvis Jones, Georgia (Saints)
17. Damontre Moore, Texas A&M (Steelers)
18. DJ Fluker, Alabama (Cowboys)
21. Barkevious Mingo, LSU (Bengals)
25. Sam Montgomery, LSU (Seahawks)
26. Eddie Lacy, Alabama (Packers)
32. Alec Ogletree, Georgia (Ravens)
Photo Credit: Jerry Lai-US PRESSWIRE