The SEC will once again have a very strong first- and second-round draft day this spring, and nearly all of these players will compete in the upcoming NFL Combine, which starts next Saturday.
Related: 5 SEC-ready JUCO players for 2014
Sixteen former SEC players are included in the top 50 NFL Draft prospects, according to NFL.com’s Daniel Jeremiah, a former NFL scout, with 10 of them projected as first-round picks.
Johnny Manziel is the top-ranked quarterback, while Jadeveon Clowney remains the top overall ranked player. One player who is bolstering up draft boards is Auburn OT Greg Robinson, who has as much or more upside than every player in the top 50.
Related: SEC’s best teams during BCS era
Here’s a look:
1. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
3. Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
7. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
8. Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
9. CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama
14. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
16. HaHa Clinton-Dix, DB, Alabama
26. Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
28. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
31. Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
33. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
39. Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn
40. Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
48. Tre Mason, RB, Auburn
49. AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama
50. Ja’Wuan James, OT, Tennessee
Photo Credit: Daniel Shirey-USA TODAY Sports