Published January 8, 2014 - 6:30pmNEW: Follow on facebook -
Alabama junior linebacker Adrian Hubbard plans to announce his intentions to the NFL Draft, according to CBSSports.
Hubbard made 33 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and three sacks in 2013, and his measurables will wow scouts at the NFL Combine. The Georgia native is 6-6, 252 pounds, and he is a really great athlete who projects well at the next level. Hubbard may not have maximized his talent or production at Alabama, but he has one thing scouts love: tremendous upside. He can play DE or LB, or a hybrid of either.
Hubbard is the first Alabama draft-eligible player to declare, and we are still waiting on confirmation from HaHa Clinton-Dix and Cyrus Kounandjio, among others.
Update: Hubbard said via Twitter he’s still weighing his options, and that he may return.
Hubbard becomes the SEC’s 20th underclassman to declare for the NFL Draft:
- Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
- Chris Boyd, WR, Vanderbilt (suspended for the 2013 season)
- Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
- Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
- Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina
- Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
- Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU
- Victor Hampton, CB, South Carolina
- Adrian Hubbard, LB, Alabama
- Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
- Henry Josey, RB, Missouri
- Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
- Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
- Ronald Powell, DE/LB, Florida
- Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
- Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
- Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
- Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
- Greg Robinson, LT, Auburn
Photo Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports