LSU DT Anthony Johnson declared for the NFL Draft, and he brings the SEC’s total to eight underclassmen leaving thus far.
Johnson didn’t have the season he wanted at LSU, making 35 tackles, nine tackles for loss and just three sacks, but it’s the best time for Johnson to leave. Although scouts will point to a mediocre college career, the truth is Johnson will have a monster combine because he’s an athletic freak. He’ll run, test and measure well, and scouts will see his tremendous upside on display at the NFL Combine.
Many decisions will come in the near future, but here are the ones who have made public declarations thus far:
- Chris Boyd, WR, Vanderbilt (suspended for the 2013 season)
- Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
- Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
- Victor Hampton, CB, South Carolina
- Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
- Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
- Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
- Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
Photo Credit: Spruce Derden-USA TODAY Sports