Published January 28, 2014 - 9:30amNEW: Follow on facebook -
Online sportsbook Bovada recently posted their Heisman odds for the 2014 season, and four SEC players are included in the top 15 in odds.
Related: SDS’ early Heisman contenders 2014
Jameis Winston tops the list, following by two QBs in Marcus Mariota and Braxton Miller. Alabama running back TJ Yeldon tops the SEC’s contenders.
- Jameis Winston, QB, FSU: 2/1
- Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon: 7/2
- Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State: 4/1
- TJ Yeldon, RB, Alabama: 5/1
- Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor: 6/1
- Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA: 12/1
- Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia: 12/1
- Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina: 15/1
- Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin: 16/1
- Everett Golson, QB, Notre Dame: 25/1
- Trevor Knight, Oklahoma: 25/1
- Duke Johnson, RB, Miami: 33/1
- Karlos Williams, RB, FSU: 33/1
- Dak Prescott, QB, Miss St: 40/1
- Matt Johnson, QB, Bowling Green: 66/1
- Rakeem Cato, QB, Marshall: 66/1
I would certainly add Auburn QB Nick Marshall in the top 15. He has a much better shot than either of the last two candidates. No quarterback in the country improved as much as Marshall, and he’s an exceptional athlete.
Photo Credit: John David Mercer-USA TODAY Sports