Missouri announced junior RB Henry Josey would enter the NFL Draft. Josey had a marvelous season after returning from a horrific knee injury that kept him out of the 2012 season.
Josey carried 174 times for 1,166 yards and 16 touchdowns, and he was the Tigers’ biggest offensive weapon and the lifeblood of an explosive ground game. It was the right time for Josey, and all SEC fans should be thankful we got to see him play this season. And all fans – yes, even you Kansas! – should be rooting for Josey.
Auburn left tackle Greg Robinson has also declared for the NFL Draft via Twitter. Robinson was the anchor of a very talented and physical Auburn O-line that was the backbone of the most dominant running game in the country. He could be a top 10 pick.
There are now 18 SEC underclassmen who have announced they will enter the NFL Draft:
- Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
- Chris Boyd, WR, Vanderbilt (suspended for the 2013 season)
- Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
- Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
- Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina
- Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
- Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU
- Victor Hampton, CB, South Carolina
- Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
- Henry Josey, RB, Missouri
- Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
- Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
- Ronald Powell, DE/LB, Florida
- Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
- Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
- Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
- Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
- Greg Robinson, LT, Auburn
Photo Credit: Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports