Nine players are in serious consideration of being the Houston Texans’ first pick, and four of those are SEC players in Jadeveon Clowney, Johnny Manziel, Jake Matthews and Greg Robinson. Several point to Houston either selecting UCF QB Blake Bortles or Buffalo LB Khalil Mack.
ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper has 10 SEC players being selected in the first round, and Auburn’s Greg Robinson will headline the group as the No. 2 overall pick to the St. Louis Rams:
2. Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn (St. Louis Rams)
3. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina (Jacksonville Jaguars)
6. Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M (Atlanta Falcons)
8. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M (Minnesota Vikings)
10. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M (Detroit Lions)
13. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama (St. Louis Rams)
18. Odell Beckham, WR, LSU (New York Jets)
21. CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama (Green Bay Packers)
27. Dee Ford, DE, Auburn (New Orleans Saints)
28. Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama (Carolina Panthers)
Other players such as Missouri’s Kony Ealy and Florida’s Marcus Roberson have both been projected as first-round picks in other post-combine mock drafts.
The NFL Draft starts Thursday, May 8.
Photo Credit: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports