The Ole Miss Rebels start spring practice today, but they held their annual pro day yesterday in Oxford.
The biggest fish didn’t even really swim, and Donte Moncrief let his silly NFL Combine numbers stand, according to the ClarionLedger.com. He ran a few routes and caught a few balls, but he did not go through testing. Why would he with a 4.4 40 at the combine?
Former Rebel Nick Brassell did participate, though, despite being dismissed from the program. He ran a 4.55 and didn’t log a rep with 225 pounds. He was briefly with a CFL team, and he worked out at both corner and receiver.
“I thought it went good,” Brassell said. “Just going out here, doing the drills and playing football. … I think I’ll get a chance. It’s just me staying focused, training and in-shape.”
- Offensive tackle Pierce Burton put up 26 reps of 225 and measured 6-5, 303 pounds. He’ll be tougher to replace than most think in 2014.
- Running back Jeff Scott measured at 5-6, 165 pounds, and he posted 40 times of 4.49 and 4.47.
- Linebacker Mike Mary ran a 4.96 40, and he’ll likely become a free agent only.
- Quarterback Barry Brunetti worked out at running back.
- Cornerback Charles Sawyer ran a 4.56 40 with a 37” vertical.
Photo Credit: Spruce Derden-USA TODAY Sports