Published January 26, 2014 - 3:25pmNEW: Follow on facebook -
The coaching carousel is winding down towards the end of January, with National Signing Day less than two weeks away.
- OC Doug Nussmeier left for Michigan for the same position.
- Nick Saban hired unemployed Lane Kiffin to replace Nussmeier as the Tide’s new offensive coordinator.
- DL coach Chris Rumph accepted a job with Texas to join Charlie Strong’s staff.
- Alabama hired former Texas and USC DL coach Bo Davis.
- DB coach Greg Brown has stepped down, and DC Kirby Smart will coach the secondary.
- Director of Player Personnel Kevin Steele will coach the linebackers next season.
- DL coach Charlie Partridge left for the head coaching job at FAU.
- Bret Bielema hired Samford assistant coach Rory Segrest, who has NFL and college experience, to replace Partridge.
- DC Chris Ash bolted for Ohio State to become the Buckeyes’ co-defensive coordinator.
- Bielema hasn’t named Ash’s replacement.
- Florida fired OC Brent Pease and OL coach Tim Davis at the end of the season.
- Will Muschamp hired Duke OC Kurt Roper, who will run an up-tempo attack and mentor QBs Jeff Driskel and incoming freshman Will Grier.
- Muschamp hired Mike Summers, former USC O-line coach, to serve in the same capacity.
- DB coach Scott Lakatos left for personal reasons.
- DC Todd Grantham left to join Bobby Petrino’s staff at Louisville to serve in the same capacity.
- Georgia hired FSU DC Jeremy Pruitt, and it’s arguably the best hire Mark Richt and UGA could have made, including Kirby Smart.
- Georgia hired Kevin Sherrer as a defensive assistant coach.
- Tracy Rocker was hired as the new defensive line coach. He’s coached at three different programs in the SEC, as well as being the Tennessee Titans’ defensive line coach the last three seasons.
- There is one defensive hire remaining for Georgia’s defense.
Related: Georgia’s new defensive leader
- Les Miles fired OL coach Greg Studrawa.
- LSU hired Virginia Tech and former Auburn OL coach Jeff Grimes to replace Studrawa.
- The Cleveland Browns are considering OC Cam Cameron for the same position.
Relate: Who is Jeff Grimes?
- OC Les Koenning left for Texas to join Charlie Strong’s staff as a WR coach.
- Dan Mullen may end up hiring an OC/QB coach, or he may elect to call the plays himself next season.
- DC Geoff Collins received a raise and extension after FSU flirting with hiring him.
- Co-defensive coordinator and DB coach Marcel Yates left for Boise State.
- Kevin Sumlin hired Nebraska DB coach Terry Joseph to replace Yates.
- Head coach James Franklin accepted the Penn State job.
- AD David Williams hired Stanford DC Derek Mason.
- Karl Dorrell becomes the new offensive coordinator. He was the QB coach for the Houston Texans and former UCLA head coach.
- Kevin Lightner will coach the offensive line.
- Gerry Gdowski will coach the wide receivers.
- Charles Bankins will coach the running backs, as the only hold over from James Franklin’s staff.
- David Kotulski becomes the new defensive coordinator.
- Kenwick Thompson will coach the outside linebackers.
- Vavae Tata will coach the defensive line.
- Vanderbilt has two more assistant coaching hires to make.
Photo Credit: Justin Ford-USA TODAY Sports