Published January 13, 2014 - 9:43amNEW: Follow on facebook -
The coaching carousel is in full swing, and several SEC assistants have taken other jobs, as well as one head coach.
Let’s get you caught up:
- OC Doug Nussmeier left for Michigan in the same capacity.
- Nick Saban hired unemployed Lane Kiffin to replace Nussmeier as the Tide’s new offensive coordinator.
- DL coach Chris Rumph accepted a job with Texas and joins Charlie Strong’s staff.
- DC Kirby Smart has been mentioned in connection with the Georgia DC job, but it will take a boat-load of money and probably a ‘Coach in Waiting’ title for Smart to make the move.
- Alabama hired former Texas and USC DL coach Bo Davis.
- There are reports of more coaches leaving Alabama, but none have been confirmed yet.
- DL coach Charlie Partridge left for the head coaching job at FAU.
- Bret Bielema hired Samford assistant coach Rory Segrest, who has NFL and college experience, to replace Partridge.
- Florida fired OC Brent Pease and OL coach Tim Davis at the end of the season.
- Will Muschamp hired Duke OC Kurt Roper, who will run an up-tempo attack and mentor QBs Jeff Driskel and incoming freshman Will Grier.
- Muschamp hired Mike Summers, former USC O-line coach, to serve in the same capacity.
- DB coach Scott Lakatos left for personal reasons. Georgia has not replaced Lakatos yet.
- DC Todd Grantham left yesterday to join Bobby Petrino’s staff to serve in the same capacity.
- DL coach Chris Wilson is interviewing for the same position at Alabama today.
- Georgia is targeting Alabama DC Kirby Smart and FSU DC Jeremy Pruitt. If both fall through, UGA could look to Mississippi State DC Geoff Collins.
RELATED: Grantham bolts for Louisville
- CB coach Derrick Ansley is a favorite to land the vacant Georgia DB position.
- Les Miles fired OL coach Greg Studrawa, and his replacement hasn’t been named yet.
- There have been reports of other coaches possibly leaving LSU, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
- Co-defensive coordinator and DB coach Marcel Yates left for Boise State.
- Kevin Sumlin hired Nebraska DB coach Terry Joseph to replace Yates.
- Head coach James Franklin accepted the Penn State job.
- AD David Williams has said to be targeting several coaches, and it all begins with Stanford DC Derek Mason.
- Other coaches include Clemson OC Chad Morris, Duke HC David Cutcliffe, Vanderbilt OL coach Herb Hand, Colorado HC Mike MacIntyre, Michigan State DC Pat Narduzzi and former Texas HC Mack Brown.
Photo Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports