Published January 16, 2014 - 10:30amNEW: Follow on facebook -
So much has happened in the last few weeks regarding the coaching changes and searches. Even in the last few days, several assistant coaches have left for other gigs, and Vanderbilt remains the only head coaching search.
Let’s get you all caught up:
- OC Doug Nussmeier left for Michigan for the same position.
- Nick Saban hired unemployed Lane Kiffin to replace Nussmeier as the Tide’s new offensive coordinator.
- DL coach Chris Rumph accepted a job with Texas to join Charlie Strong’s staff.
- Alabama hired former Texas and USC DL coach Bo Davis.
- DB coach Greg Brown has stepped down, and DC Kirby Smart will coach the secondary.
- Director of Player Personnel Kevin Steele will coach the linebackers next season.
- DL coach Charlie Partridge left for the head coaching job at FAU.
- Bret Bielema hired Samford assistant coach Rory Segrest, who has NFL and college experience, to replace Partridge.
- DC Chris Ash bolted for Ohio State to become the Buckeyes’ co-defensive coordinator.
- Bielema hasn’t named Ash’s replacement, but most figure LB coach Randy Shannon would get a look, along with NC State DC Dave Huxtable.
- Florida fired OC Brent Pease and OL coach Tim Davis at the end of the season.
- Will Muschamp hired Duke OC Kurt Roper, who will run an up-tempo attack and mentor QBs Jeff Driskel and incoming freshman Will Grier.
- Muschamp hired Mike Summers, former USC O-line coach, to serve in the same capacity.
- DB coach Scott Lakatos left for personal reasons.
- DC Todd Grantham left to join Bobby Petrino’s staff at Louisville to serve in the same capacity.
- Georgia hired FSU DC Jeremy Pruitt, and it’s arguably the best hire Mark Richt and UGA could have made, including Kirby Smart.
- Georgia has not replaced Lakatos yet, and they may not, because Pruitt can handle the secondary, while Richt can hire a much-needed special teams coach.
Related: Georgia’s new defensive leader
- CB coach Derrick Ansley was thought to be a favorite to land the vacant Georgia DB position before Jeremy Pruitt was hired.
- Les Miles fired OL coach Greg Studrawa.
- LSU hired Virginia Tech and former Auburn OL coach Jeff Grimes to replace Studrawa.
Relate: Who is Jeff Grimes?
- OC Les Koenning left for Texas to join Charlie Strong’s staff as a WR coach.
- Dan Mullen may end up hiring an OC/QB coach, or he may elect to call the plays himself next season.
- Co-defensive coordinator and DB coach Marcel Yates left for Boise State.
- Kevin Sumlin hired Nebraska DB coach Terry Joseph to replace Yates.
- Head coach James Franklin accepted the Penn State job.
- AD David Williams has said to be targeting several coaches, and it all begins with Stanford DC Derek Mason.
- Clemson OC Chad Morris is very much in the picture and very interested.
- Vanderbilt will interview Rams’ OC Brian Shottenheimer and Colts’ OC Pep Hamilton.
Photo Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports