Published February 6, 2014 - 11:30amNEW: Follow on facebook -
The coaching carousel is winding down, but three coaching transactions and updates were announced either on National Signing Day or will be announced today.
Arkansas, Georgia and LSU all have coaching updates:
- Linebackers coach Randy Shannon was promoted to senior associate head coach of Arkansas’ football team.
- Shannon will receive an amended contract.
- Bret Bielema said he expects to announce a new defensive coordinator within a week.
Related: Arkansas’ signing day recap
- The Bulldogs have hired Mike Ekeler, who coached the outside linebackers at Southern Cal last year, and the hire was officially announced this morning.
- Per reports, Ekeler will coach the inside linebackers and will also have a role with the special teams, which is badly needed.
- Ekeler was the co-defensive coordinator with Indiana from 2011-12 and a linebackers coach at Nebraska from 2008-10. He played linebacker with Kansas State from 1991-94.
Related: Georgia’s signing day recap
- LSU announced special teams coordinator Thomas McGaughey will head to the New York Jets in the same role.
Related: LSU’s signing day recap
Photo Credit: Nelson Chenault-USA TODAY Sports