Published January 24, 2014 - 10:40amNEW: Follow on facebook -
We’re less than two weeks from National Signing Day right now, and the offseason is about to officially hit us in the face.
As we look ahead to spring ball and next season, let’s look at five burning questions for each SEC East team:
- Will new OC Kurt Roper have the biggest impact of any new SEC coordinator?
- Or will new O-line coach Mike Summers have the bigger impact?
- Who will emerge as Florida’s leading receiver – Quinton Dunbar, Ahmad Fullwood or Demarcus Robinson?
- Who will win the starting CB job opposite Vernon Hargreaves?
- Will this be the year Florida has another All-SEC linebacker?
- Who will emerge as Hutson Mason’s biggest target?
- Who will replace OT Kenarious Gates?
- Will Georgia change any of its training regiments after last season’s injuries?
- Will Georgia try and lean too much on RB Todd Gurley?
- Will new DC Jeremy Pruitt transform the Bulldogs’ secondary?
- Will freshman early enrollee QB Drew Barker win the job this spring?
- Who will emerge as the offense’s top target and weapon?
- Who will replace MLB Avery Williamson?
- Is RB Jojo Kemp or WR Ryan Timmons a better looking freshman prospect?
- What’s Kentucky’s ceiling in 2014?
- Does the offense have a higher ceiling under QB Maty Mauk compared to James Franklin?
- Who will emerge as the leading candidate to replace RB Henry Josey – Russell Hansbrough or Marcus Murphy?
- Will Dorial Green-Beckham be suspended for any games in 2014 because of his recent arrest?
- Will Shane Ray, Matt Hoch and Markus Golden replace Michael Sam and Kony Ealy’s production?
- Is the secondary the biggest concern heading into 2014?
- Was Steve Spurrier smart to name Dylan Thompson his starting QB heading into the offseason?
- Who will replace Jadeveon Clowney, Kelcy Quarles and Chaz Sutton’s production?
- Is LB Skai Moore the best young SEC LB?
- Who will replace CBs Vic Hampton and Jimmy Legree?
- How much will the offense change under Dylan Thompson?
- Will freshman early enrollee RB Jalen Hurd start game one?
- Who will win the Vols’ quarterback job?
- Is the biggest concern replacing all five starting offensive linemen?
- Is Marquez North the next great Tennessee wide receiver?
- Were the defensive problems in 2013 more to do with teaching and technique or talent?
- What traits should Derek Mason adapt from former coach James Franklin?
- Will returning QB Patton Robinette or redshirt freshman Johnny McCrary win the starting QB job?
- Who is Vanderbilt’s next great receiver, following Jordan Matthews’ departure?
- Is RB Brian Kimbrow one of the best kept secrets in the SEC?
- Is the biggest concern replacing so many impact players in the secondary for 2014?
Photo Credit: Spruce Derden-USA TODAY Sports