Published February 6, 2014 - 1:45pmNEW: Follow on facebook -
SDS is continually counting down the top 25 players in the SEC for 2013, and we’re not stopping until we get to No. 1. I know you’ll agree with every single one…
No. 12 Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn (SO)
Why he’s No. 12: Auburn finished with college football’s most dominant rushing attack, and left tackle Greg Robinson is a major reason why. Just a sophomore, Robinson’s 6-5, 305-pound frame and superior athleticism helped lead him to being possibly a top 10 NFL Draft pick this spring.
But don’t let his 305 pounds fool you. Robinson runs a 4.9 40 and has a vertical between 28 and 30 inches. That’s freakish, and his superior ceiling will be shown properly at the NFL Combine.
Auburn offensive line coach JB Grimes said Robinson could be the best blocker he’s ever had in three decades of coaching. The Tigers rushed for over 328 yards per game in 2013, and Robinson was the offensive line’s anchor and road grader.
You could make the argument that Robinson has more upside than any SEC player entering the NFL Draft, even Jadeveon Clowney. I won’t go that far, but if 2013 was any indication, Robinson has a monster future ahead of him.
Top 25 player rankings:
- No. 13: LSU WR Odell Beckham
- No. 14: South Carolina RB Mike Davis
- No. 15: Missouri DE Kony Ealy
- No. 16: South Carolina DT Kelcy Quarles
- No. 17: Missouri RB Henry Josey
- No. 18: Alabama QB AJ McCarron
- No. 19: South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney
- No. 20: LSU WR Jarvis Landry
- No. 21: Ole Miss DB Cody Prewitt
- No. 22: Missouri CB EJ Gaines
- No. 23: Georgia LB Ramik Wilson
- No. 24: Missouri WR Dorial Green-Beckham
- No. 25: LSU QB Zach Mettenberger
Photo Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports