SDS is continually counting down the top 25 players in the SEC for 2013, and we’re not stopping until we get to No. 1. I know you’ll agree with every single one…
No. 7 Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU (SO)
2013 stats: 203 carries, 1,401 yards, 6.9 YPC, 16 TDs
Why he’s No. 7: In any other season, Jeremy Hill would have been considered the SEC’s best running back, and while you can certainly make an argument he is the total package, Tre Mason is the only back that outperformed him in 2013.
Hill rushed for 1,401 yards and 16 TDs and averaged 6.9 yards per carry, the most of any SEC running back who eclipsed100 carries. Hill even missed one game and logged just six carries against TCU the second week.
He’s the complete back, and NFL scouts will see his upside, and Hill should be the No. 1 back off the board in this year’s NFL Draft. He meant everything to LSU’s offense, and getting Hill started every game is what made Zach Mettenberger, Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham so explosive.
The most underrated aspect of Hill’s game is his receiving. He caught 18 passes for 181 yards in 2013, and he’s proven he can play in an NFL offense under Cam Cameron.
Yes, off-the-field problems marred his career, but if he can quit doing ignorant off-the-field things, he’ll be dynamic on it at the next level.
Top 25 player rankings:
- No. 8: Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews
- No. 9: Georgia QB Aaron Murray
- No. 10: Texas A&M WR Mike Evans
- No. 11: Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves
- No. 12: Auburn OT Greg Robinson
- No. 13: LSU WR Odell Beckham
- No. 14: South Carolina RB Mike Davis
- No. 15: Missouri DE Kony Ealy
- No. 16: South Carolina DT Kelcy Quarles
- No. 17: Missouri RB Henry Josey
- No. 18: Alabama QB AJ McCarron
- No. 19: South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney
- No. 20: LSU WR Jarvis Landry
- No. 21: Ole Miss DB Cody Prewitt
- No. 22: Missouri CB EJ Gaines
- No. 23: Georgia LB Ramik Wilson
- No. 24: Missouri WR Dorial Green-Beckham
- No. 25: LSU QB Zach Mettenberger
Photo Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports