Published January 5, 2014 - 10:00amNEW: Follow on facebook -
Two SEC players declared for the NFL Draft over the weekend in Missouri DE Kony Ealy and LSU DT Ego Ferguson. LSU OL Trai Turner has reportedly signed with an agent, but nothing is official yet. So, Turner cannot be counted at this time.
Michael Sam from Mizzou is obviously a great player, as he won SEC Defensive Player of the Year, but Ealy has much more upside as a defensive end. Ealy racked up six sacks and 11.5 tackles for loss against SEC competition this year.
Ferguson may not have put up the numbers we all thought he would, but he has much upside at the next level. He’s very athletic and active in the front four.
Update: Ole Miss WR Donte Moncrief also declared, and he’ll be a monster at the NFL Combine. LSU WR tandem Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry have also declared. That brings us to 15.
Here is the 15 who have made it official, and there will be more in the coming days:
- Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
- Chris Boyd, WR, Vanderbilt (suspended for the 2013 season)
- Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
- Kony Ealey, DE, Missouri
- Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina
- Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
- Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU
- Victor Hampton, CB, South Carolina
- Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
- Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
- Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
- Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
- Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
- Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
- Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
Photo Credit: Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports