Published February 4, 2014 - 8:42pmNEW: Follow on facebook -
National Signing Day has arrived, and it’s one of the biggest days of the year for the nerdiest college football fans (no disrespect intended). Some of us take our fandom to another level every time the first Wednesday of February rolls around (this guy here is quite sick).
Some of you are taking off work officially by staying home and remaining glued to ESPNU, Twitter and your favorite message board. Others of you are taking off work unofficially by punching the clock and remaining glued to ESPNU, Twitter and your favorite message board. Regardless, we honor those of you who take it up a notch on NSD with a list of inappropriate ways to celebrate one of the biggest days of the year.
1) We suggest you show up to work tomorrow dressed like Nick Saban. Reuben Foster did it when he signed his LOI last year. This won’t be the only time Reuben is mentioned in this list.
2) The rise of the fax girl. Some speculate that National Signing Day is keeping the fax machine relevant. Wrong. The fax girl is keeping the fax machine relevant. Alabama helped make it a big deal in both 2011 and 2012.
3) Take out your frustration regarding a recruit’s decision on himself and others on Facebook. You’re only a real fan if you yell at the guy who doesn’t pick your school! After all what is Facebook for? Sometimes you can even chase an athlete off of Facebook like when this happened.
4) Get a tattoo of your rival school. Oh, you thought Reuben Foster was just being indecisive? No, this is how you troll other fan bases in 2014.
5) If you’re not ready for a tattoo, you can just pull a Cyrus Kouandjio and announce for Auburn on National Signing Day and then flip to Alabama.
7) Make a scene on National TV when a family member commits to play football. Then do it again when another family member does the same thing. Can’t somebody related to this woman play for the LSU Tigers?!
8) Go to work tomorrow and put five hats on the front of your desk and tell your co-workers you’ll be making your choice around 3:30 PM. Or if you prefer, put five helmets on your desk instead a la Matt Elam.
9) Fax in a forged LOI for a top 5-star recruit to your team and give your fan base a few moments of glee. Why not? Floyd Raven’s mom did just that not long ago.
10) Utilize wildlife in making some sort of announcement. Isaiah Crowell may have been prone to break the law, but he knows how to use a puppy to announce his commitment to the Dawgs.
Enjoy National Signing Day!