In January, Marcus Walker raved about Kentucky when interviewed by Saturday Down South following his commitment. But things change, and on Wednesday he became the second 2015 Kentucky commitment this week to step back from his pledge.
Earlier this week, Montrell Custis–also a defensive back–stepped back from his commitment and immediately came on board with Alabama. Walker didn’t immediately commit to another school though. When contacted by SDS, Walker did not respond to questions about why he stepped back but he told other media outlets he committed too early and just wanted to check out other schools. He said he is still considering Kentucky.
Here was Walker, raving in January.
“They are upcoming and I love Coach (Mark) Stoops and what he is doing. They said they like that I’m explosive the way I play the ball, and that I’m a creative player,” Walker told SDS.
Just about 10 days ago, Kentucky made the news by landing four commitments in a 72-hour span. Now, those four commitments–Levon Livingston, Logan Stenberg, Larry Wells and Mason Wolfe–are the only ones the Wildcats have left.
Walker is a 6-foot-1, 175-pound safety prospect from Lake Wales (Fla.). A prep teammate of his, O-lineman Luke Hiers, is also one of Kentucky’s top targets–making one wonder what will happen next there.