Published February 14, 2014 - 8:00pmNEW: Follow on facebook -
Here’s a look at the best three all-purpose backs in this year’s SEC recruiting class (high school recruits only). Coming later this weekend will be standard running back rankings, along with ‘athlete’ rankings which will include athletes like Jalen Hurd and Bo Scarbrough.
EDITOR’S NOTE: All references to ratings come from the 247Sports.com composite ranking
1. Derrell Scott–Tennessee
- Havelock (N.C.), 5-11/180
- The skinny: South Carolina wanted Scott badly, but in the end he went with the Volunteers and he will come in with Jalen Hurd to give the Vols an impressive offensive backfield group.
2. Stanley Williams–Kentucky commit
- George Walton (Monroe, Ga.), 5-8/190
- The skinny: What Williams lacks in size, he makes up for in spunk–a description fans have certainly heard before, but it rings true here. Williams is very quick, and he is one of several four-star prospects coming to play for the Wildcats.
3. D.K. Buford–Ole Miss commit
- Lafayette (Oxford, Miss.), 5-10/190
- The skinny: Buford was an in-state battle, as both Ole Miss and Mississippi State wanted this blazing fast back (4.45 speed). Buford will be a weapon catching the ball out of the backfield, and he’s a big play waiting to happen in all facets of the game.
Top 5 signees broken down by position:
- Dual-Threat Quarterbacks
- Pro-Style Quarterbacks
- Running Backs
- All-Purpose Running Backs
- Wide Receivers
- Tight Ends
- Offensive Tackles
- Offensive Guards
- Offensive Centers
- Weak-Side Defensive Ends
- Strong-Side Defensive Ends
- Defensive Tackles
- Inside Linebackers
- Outside Linebackers