Mizzou fans feel their recruits get overlooked–and then of course they take the field and overachieve and prove all rankings incorrect. Well, guess what? Mizzou isn’t going to be sneaking up on anybody any time soon. They have a good potential crop of prospects coming in 2015–and these targets below prove it.
Editor’s note: Saturday Down South’s references to ratings follow the 247Sports.com composite rankings.
1. Alex Ofodile, Columbia (Mo.), 6-3/185, Wide Receiver
- National rank: No. 94 overall prospect
- SEC schools: Mizzou, Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky
- The skinny: Wow, like the Tigers aren’t already loaded at the receiver position–but they could get even more loaded with this gem of a prospect. He’s a legacy, as his dad played for the Tigers and went on to the NFL.
2. Drew Lock, Lees Summit (Mo.), 6-5/195, Quarterback
- National rank: No. 134 overall
- SEC schools: Mizzou, Tennessee, Ole Miss
- The skinny: Lock is a Mizzou legacy, so that bodes well for the Tigers, but he insisted to Saturday Down South that his mind isn’t made up just yet. Look for him to make a decision sometime in the next few months. He’s a good one.
3. Natereace Strong, East St. Louis (Ill.), 6-2/185, Running Back
- National rank: No. 208 overall
- SEC schools: Mizzou
- The skinny: Strong’s high school coaches say he may be a near lock to the Tigers at this point, and that would be huge considering his offers from powers like Florida State and Michigan State. A great example of the upward trend in recruiting respect that Mizzou is getting.
4. Anree Saint-Amour, Suwanee (Ga.), 6-3/225, Defensive end
- National rank: No. 335 overall
- SEC schools: Mizzou, Tennessee, Georgia
- The skinny: Mizzou actually did pretty well recruiting Georgia this past cycle. Look for the Tigers to go to that pipeline this year too, and Saint-Amour is one of those hidden gems they’d love to mine.
5. Josh Moore, Olathe (Kan.), 6-5/250, Tight end
- National rank: No. 779 overall
- SEC schools: Mizzou
- The skinny: Mizzou will have to battle Kansas and Kansas State for this tight end, but the Tigers are definitely in the equation to land Moore.