Most of the work is done in the SEC West, this is true, but there’s still a few more fish out their to reel in. Here’s a look at who is left out there and where they might head in the next week or so.
NOTE: All references to ratings are to the 247Sports.com composite rankings
Alabama Crimson Tide
- TOP REALISTIC TARGET: DB Marlon Humphrey
- TARGET’S RANKING: No. 12
- THE SKINNY: Does somebody have the mythical recruiting title trophy handy? Go ahead and mail it to Tuscaloosa. Anybody the ‘Tide pick up from here on out will be gravy–so consider Humphrey gravy because he’s likely going to be their big splash on national signing day.
- ANY OTHER ELITE POSSIBILITIES?: LB Rashaan Evans, DT Matt Elam
- TOP REALISTIC TARGET: DE Solomon Thomas
- TARGET’S RANKING: No. 25
- THE SKINNY: OK, Thomas is a slight possibility, probably not a “realistic target” but he has been in contact with the Razorbacks and has taken them seriously all along. Being on his radar screen has been a feather in the staff’s cap, regardless of whether he ultimately picks Arkansas.
- ANY OTHER ELITE POSSIBILITIES?: LB Sharieff Rhaheed
- TOP REALISTIC TARGET: LB Rashaan Evans
- TARGET’S RANKING: No. 15
- THE SKINNY: Auburn has the potential to be one of the biggest finishers on national signing day, sort of like they were the NSD after their last national title game appearance. Evans is a near lock to join the program–which is good news for the Tigers.
- ANY OTHER ELITE POSSIBILITIES?: OL Braden Smith, ATH/QB Treon Harris, DE Andrew Williams
- TOP REALISTIC TARGET: WR Malachi Dupre
- TARGET’S RANKING: No. 17
- THE SKINNY: Dupre seems like a near lock to the Tigers, as he has for some time, but Florida State and UCLA would love to change that. The only thing that might ultimately deter him from coming to Baton Rouge might be the logjam of great WRs the class already has. But go ahead and count him.
- ANY OTHER ELITE POSSIBILITIES?: DT Travonte Valentine, LB Kenny Young, OL Derrick Kelly
Mississippi State Bulldogs
- TOP REALISTIC TARGET: ATH J.T. Gray
- TARGET’S RANKING: n/a
- THE SKINNY: The Bulldogs have several realistic targets out there, but they aren’t exactly five-star prospects. However, they have a crop of realistic high end three-star talent that probably will choose the program within a few days.
- ANY OTHER ELITE POSSIBILITIES?: DE Grant Harris, OL Jervontius Stallings.
Ole Miss Rebels
- TOP REALISTIC TARGET: DB Terrence Alexander
- TARGET’S RANKING: n/a
- THE SKINNY: There’s a little bit more potential for growth in this class, but don’t expect the same finish as last year, Rebels fans. It won’t be anything like 2013.
- ANY OTHER ELITE POSSIBILITIES?: DB Tee Shepard, OL Jordan Sims.
Texas A&M Aggies
- TOP REALISTIC TARGET: OL Braden Smith
- TARGET’S RANKING: No. 63
- THE SKINNY: The Aggies are all but wrapped up too, barring any huge switches in the next few days. Of course, the Aggies staff isn’t exactly kicking back, as the class of 2015 has two junior days that always lead to big hauls.
- ANY OTHER ELITE POSSIBILITIES?: LB Kenny Young,