SEC Heisman Watch: Week 5
Here are the top five Heisman hopefuls in the SEC this season for week five. We’ve still got a long way to go, but these five have separated themselves from most of the pack.
1. Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina: Last weekend, Lattimore rushed for 77 yards and a touchdown, and he caught three passes for 73 yards and a touchdown. He is leading the SEC in rushing right now with 611 yards rushing and eight touchdowns. He is a machine, and he will love running against the Auburn defense this week as well.
2. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama: Fresh off a blowout victory over Arkansas, Richardson was named SEC Player of the Week because of his 126 yards rushing and 85 yards receiving, including a touchdown. Richardson is a bulldozer, and he will have a chance to move up in the rankings by having a good game against the Gators.
3. Chris Rainey, RB, Florida: Rainey is having a spectacular year for Florida, and he had a good game last weekend against Kentucky. He carried the ball 15 times for 105 yards, averaging 7.0 yards per carry. Rainey is currently tied for fourth in rushing in the SEC, and he is leading Florida in that department, as well as receiving.
4. Michael Dyer, RB, Auburn: Dyer didn’t have the best game against FAU, but his numbers are still very good on the year. Dyer is third in rushing in the SEC with 426 yards and six touchdowns. He is such a force on the ground because of his physical running style.
5. Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee: Tennessee had a bye week last week; therefore, there are no new stats for Bray. However, he is still currently second in passing even with the bye week, and he has thrown for 986 yards and 10 touchdowns. Expect him to go over 1,000 with his next pass.