As we made the case in the 2012 Gators schedule, the top five SEC schedules are in a league of their own. The difficulty level with these schedules is very high. The South Carolina Gamecocks, coming into 2012 with a potential top ten ranking, face a very difficult schedule. With Florida and South Carolina facing difficult schedules in 2012, and Georgia having the weakest schedule in the entire conference, you’d be difficult not to pencil in Georgia as the SEC East champ in 2012.
2012 South Carolina Schedule
- Aug 30 – at Vanderbilt Commodores
- Sep 08 – East Carolina Pirates
- Sep 15 – UAB Blazers
- Sep 22 – Missouri Tigers
- Sep 29 – at Kentucky Wildcats
- Oct 06 – Georgia Bulldogs
- Oct 13 – at LSU Tigers
- Oct 20 – at Florida Gators
- Oct 27 – Tennessee Volunteers
- Nov 03 – BYE
- Nov 10 – Arkansas Razorbacks
- Nov 17 – Wofford Terriers
- Nov 24 – at Clemson Tigers
- 7 Home Games
- 5 Road Games
- 1 legit non-conference game (Clemson)
- 3 Cupcakes (East Carolina, UAB, Wofford)
- 5 top 25 opponents (#3 LSU, #5 Georgia, #11 Arkansas, #23 Clemson, #25 Florida) using ESPN’s early top 25 estimate
- 4 top 25 opponents (#1 LSU, #4 Arkansas, #9 Georgia, #14 Clemson) using an early SI poll
- SEC East: 1st
- SEC: 4th
South Carolina looks to build on their 2011 momentum with a very difficult schedule. LSU and Arkansas out of the west, on the road at Florida and on the road at Clemson means a difficult 2012 campaign.
The stretch of Georgia, at LSU and at Florida is one of the toughest 3 game stretches in the SEC.
South Carolina should be a very good team in 2012, but a repeat of the ten win regular season of 2011 might be difficult considering the schedule. One thing is for certain: if they can win ten games, they’ll be one of the best teams in the country.
Stay tuned as we break down each team’s schedule counting up to the toughest schedule. If you want a sneak peak at the full list, you’ll have to add SDS to your “Circles” on Google Plus here then view the recent posts.