SEC’s top 25 players of 2013: No. 12 Florida’s Dominique Easley
SDS is continually counting down the top 25 players in the SEC for 2013, and we’re not stopping until we get to No. 1. I know you’ll agree with every single one…
No. 12: Dominique Easley, DT, Florida (SR)
2012 stats: 26 tackles, 8.5 TFL, 4 sacks, 2 QBH
2013 Projected stats: 35 tackles, 12 TFL, 5 sacks
Why he’s worthy: Dominique Easley has unfinished business, and it has nothing to do with football. He returned to Florida to get that diploma at the request of his mother. And Florida is happy mom had a say-so, because they returned arguably the second-best lineman in the SEC aside from Jadeveon Clowney.
Easley entered Florida as a five-star recruit who made a late push in the Under Armour game to garner that fifth star, but we haven’t seen his best yet. He’s been solid for three years and steadily improving, not to mention his ever-evolving dance moves. However, that elite player Florida expected hasn’t peaked yet.
Will Muschamp knows this is the best and deepest defensive line he’s had since he’s been at Florida, and Dominique Easley is a big reason why. He’s set to flourish in 2013.
Easley moves back inside to take his quick and explosive first step against guards and centers. Florida will be able to rotate more linemen through the gauntlet in order to keep Easley and others fresh throughout the game and, ultimately, the season.
Florida hopes Easily saved his best for last, and he has a chance to have a spectacular season for the Gators.
1. Biggest freak in college football
2. Johnny what’s his name?
3. Best running back in college football
4. The biggest winner in the rankings
5. College football’s No. 2 overall running back
6. A record-setting QB
7. The Tide’s defensive glue
8. The best offensive tackle in college football?
9. Alabama’s O-line anchor
10. Texas A&M’s versatile left tackle
11. The biggest deep threat in the country?
12. Florida’s dancing defender
13. One LB who should explode in 2013
14. Jarvis Jones who?
15. The SEC East’s top receiver
16. Florida’s Honey Badger
17. A receiver who doesn’t drop passes…ever
18. LSU’s freak
19. A Rebel who knows he’s good
20. Funny name; not a funny game
21. Arkansas’ O-line anchor
22. A receiving freak
23. An underrated Tennessee head smasher
24. LSU’s defensive quarterback
25. An unheralded Hog