SEC’s top 25 players of 2013: No. 20 Alabama’s HaHa Clinton-Dix
SDS is continually counting down the top 25 players in the SEC for 2013, and we’re not stopping until we get to No. 1. I know you’ll agree with every single one…
No. 20 – HaHa Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama (JR)
2012 stats: 37 tackles, 5 INTs, 4 BU, 9 PD
2013 Projected stats: 50 tackles, 5 INTs
Why he’s worthy: The pride and joy of Nick Saban’s defense are the defensive backs. Top corner and safety prospects tend to veer towards Alabama because of the personal attention they’ll receive from their Czar, Saban. After all, he’s had first-round pick after first-round pick, and now, he could have another one next spring.
HaHa Clinton-Dix may tickle you with his name, but he’ll punish you with his hits. The 6-1, 210-pound safety played in all 14 games, but he started to develop into a budding superstar towards the end of the season.
HCD nabbed a team-high five interceptions and tied corner Deion Belue for second-most passes defended with nine, proving he had a knack for getting to the ball in the air with excellent body control and athleticism.
The Bednarik Award watch lister was a permanent fixture on the kickoff coverage units as a freshman, further developing into one of the top safeties to look out for in 2013.
I love Clinton-Dix’s game, because he’s just a raw athlete with rare ability, and he should flourish as a draft-eligible junior.
1. Biggest freak in college football
2. Johnny what’s his name?
3. Best running back in college football
4. The biggest winner in the rankings
5. College football’s No. 2 overall running back
6. A record-setting QB
7. The Tide’s defensive glue
8. The best offensive tackle in college football?
9. Alabama’s O-line anchor
10. Texas A&M’s versatile left tackle
11. The biggest deep threat in the country?
12. Florida’s dancing defender
13. One LB who should explode in 2013
14. Jarvis Jones who?
15. The SEC East’s top receiver
16. Florida’s Honey Badger
17. A receiver who doesn’t drop passes…ever
18. LSU’s freak
19. A Rebel who knows he’s good
20. Funny name; not a funny game
21. Arkansas’ O-line anchor
22. A receiving freak
23. An underrated Tennessee head smasher
24. LSU’s defensive quarterback
25. An unheralded Hog
Photo Credit: Marvin Gentry-US PRESSWIRE