SEC’s top 25 players of 2013: No. 21 Arkansas’ Travis Swanson
SDS is continually counting down the top 25 players in the SEC for 2013, and we’re not stopping until we get to No. 1. I know you’ll agree with every single one…
No. 21 – Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (SR)
Why he’s worthy: Arkansas’ Travis Swanson could very well be the best center in college football. At 6-5, 314 pounds, Swanson is a mauler inside who Bret Bielema will lean on in the ground-and-pound offense.
The Rimington Trophy watch lister has started all 38 games of his Razorback career and is the team captain.
With Bielema’s history of developing top offensive linemen, it bodes well for Swanson to improve in 2013. After all, he’ll be the anchor of the best position corps on offense and help pave way for a respectable running game featuring Jonathan Williams and Alex Collins.
Swanson has wowed the Razorbacks’ new staff since they were hired, and he’s one of the biggest freak athletes in the SEC. Swanson was clocked at 7.39 in the three cone drill, better than the NFL first-rounders Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher.
Hogs’ strength and conditioning coordinator said Swanson moves like NFL All-Pro tackle Joe Thomas. That’s some hype.
Swanson looks to help establish another winning tradition and help change the culture of a program that was once competing for championships.
1. Biggest freak in college football
2. Johnny what’s his name?
3. Best running back in college football
4. The biggest winner in the rankings
5. College football’s No. 2 overall running back
6. A record-setting QB
7. The Tide’s defensive glue
8. The best offensive tackle in college football?
9. Alabama’s O-line anchor
10. Texas A&M’s versatile left tackle
11. The biggest deep threat in the country?
12. Florida’s dancing defender
13. One LB who should explode in 2013
14. Jarvis Jones who?
15. The SEC East’s top receiver
16. Florida’s Honey Badger
17. A receiver who doesn’t drop passes…ever
18. LSU’s freak
19. A Rebel who knows he’s good
20. Funny name; not a funny game
21. Arkansas’ O-line anchor
22. A receiving freak
23. An underrated Tennessee head smasher
24. LSU’s defensive quarterback
25. An unheralded Hog