Lane Kiffin talked QB competition, Saban's process in lone 2015 media appearance
The media tuned in to hear Alabama offensive coordinator speak Sunday morning.
It will be Kiffin’s only media appearance between now and after the season.
Lane Kiffin press conference pic.twitter.com/rbrJxqEexV
— Denon McMillan (@denonm44) August 9, 2015
Notes from Lane Kiffin’s press conference on sunday:
- Kiffin opened up with praise for his boss, head coach Nick Saban. Going into his second year on Saban’s staff, Kiffin noted that he’s increasingly impressed with the process and that it is a pleasure to continue to learn from Saban.
- The QB competition is wide open.
- Kiffin praised his group of wide receivers. He noted that WR ArDarius Stewart is “probably the most talented guy we have” and that Calvin Ridley could be a very special player. Kiffin also praised tight end OJ Howard for having a work ethic similar to former Alabama WR Amari Cooper.
- On his own future, Kiffin noted that he feels like a “sophomore” and that he has plenty left to accomplish at Alabama. Related: Kiffin would be smart to stick with Alabama beyond 2015
- Kiffin and the offensive staff will adjust the offensive scheme around the personnel. The offensive coordinator noted that once Blake Sims won the job in 2014, the coaches changed the offense to fit his quarterback’s skill set.