There’s plenty of work that needs to be done when a coach takes over a program. Chief among the immediate items is building a staff. Dan Mullen has now officially accomplished that goal and he’s done so before the contact period begins this weekend.
Florida officially announced Thursday morning each of Mullen’s 10 assistant coaches for the 2018 football season.
Here’s how his first Gator staff breaks down:
- Todd Grantham – Defensive Coordinator *
- Billy Gonzales – Co-Offensive Coordinator, Wide Receivers *
- John Hevesy – Co-Offensive Coordinator, Offensive Line *
- Brian Johnson – Quarterbacks
- Greg Knox – Running Backs, Special Teams Coordinator *
- Ja’Juan Seider – Tight Ends
- Sal Sunseri – Defensive Line
- Christian Robinson – Linebackers
- Charlton Warren – Cornerbacks
- Ron English – Safeties *
* indicates coach came with Mullen from Mississippi State’s 2017 coaching staff.
The only name on the list that wasn’t known until recently was English, who joins several of his fellow former Mississippi State coaches in Gainesville.