John Crist and Connor O’Gara discuss Florida’s depleted roster heading into the Michigan game and the important non-conference games for SEC teams not named Alabama this weekend. Plus both John and Connor make their picks for the College Football Playoff in 2017.
Florida Suspensions, SEC Non-Conference Games, CFP Picks
It’s the season of love in the SEC, and that means it’s #comebackszn for Johnny Manziel (00:00). Where will he play next? Is there a worse mentor than Josh McCown, or a better place to fail than Cleveland?
In an ultimate power move, Dan Mullen threw some shade at Georgia (10:39) for wins that McElwain earned. This is either the beginning of a great rivalry between two coaches, or the biggest running joke for years to come.
Let’s take a two-car ride on the Lane Train (17:25), as Lane Kiffin used Lane Johnson’s comments about the Patriots to continue his trolling of Alabama. This man is made for the offseason.
In honor of Valentine’s Day, we give out valentines to SEC coaches (24:37) because they’ve been responsible for more emotional roller coasters than most of our exes.
SEC attendance is down (34:42), so who should we blame? Is it the millennials, the crystal-clear broadcast quality, or the increasing comfiness of sofas across America? Maybe it’s just because a couple teams can’t make a bowl and their fans don’t want to watch them lose.
Also, in It Might Mean Too Much, Albert Haynesworth has made the news for the wrong reasons again, this time for getting thrown out of his son’s basketball game. Let’s check in on how his life has gone since retirement.
Are y'all tired of Josh Allen from Wyoming getting overhyped despite being painfully average? So are we. The guys tackle that(00:00) and much more on today's pod.
The XFL is back, and we couldn't be more excited(12:38).
What rules need to be implemented? Who would you draft first?
Transfer rules are currently set up to let coaches leave their players high and dry. Should players be able to transfer when a coach leaves (31:07)?
Plus bad SEC tattoos(36:48), why National Signing Day has become Hanukkah instead of Christmas (44:12), and is Nick Saban the best 60+ dancer in America (51:20)?
- How is Alabama currently trending with Under Armour All-American and current commit Quay Walker? Could he flip to another SEC program? Bone suggests there’s some negative recruiting going on there.
- Will Alabama sign QB James Foster? How badly will they pursue the Alabama native?
- Where do things stand with five-star Patrick Surtain Jr.? Can Alabama lure him away from LSU? What about his teammate Tyson Campbell, where do the Tide stand with him?
- How does Jeremy Pruitt leaving affect Alabama’s 2018 recruiting class? Could Tennessee take advantage there?
- Has Kirby Smart surpassed Nick Saban on the recruiting trail?
- Why did five-star 2019 RB Trey Sanders decommit from Alabama? Can the Tide get back in with him?
- We couldn’t talk to Andrew without getting his thoughts on the upcoming title game and how many Alabama fans he expects to see inside Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Monday night.