On the latest edition of Recruitin’ Down South, we talked to recruiting reporter Andrew Bone (@AndrewJBone on Twitter) of Bama Insider the Alabama Rivals affiliate.
We wanted to get his thoughts on the early signing day period and where the Tide will focus their attention in recruiting as we barrel toward the tradition signing period in February.
Among the topics discussed in this episode:
- How is Alabama currently trending with Under Armour All-American and current commit Quay Walker? Could he flip to another SEC program? Bone suggests there’s some negative recruiting going on there.
- Will Alabama sign QB James Foster? How badly will they pursue the Alabama native?
- Where do things stand with five-star Patrick Surtain Jr.? Can Alabama lure him away from LSU? What about his teammate Tyson Campbell, where do the Tide stand with him?
- How does Jeremy Pruitt leaving affect Alabama’s 2018 recruiting class? Could Tennessee take advantage there?
- Has Kirby Smart surpassed Nick Saban on the recruiting trail?
- Why did five-star 2019 RB Trey Sanders decommit from Alabama? Can the Tide get back in with him?
- We couldn’t talk to Andrew without getting his thoughts on the upcoming title game and how many Alabama fans he expects to see inside Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Monday night.