The SEC frequently leads the way when it comes to first-round picks in the NFL Draft, and the 2019 event is expected to be similar.
In fact, in CBS Sports’ latest first-round 2019 NFL Mock Draft, a whopping 13 SEC players are projected to hear their names called in Round 1.
As you can see below, eight different schools are represented, with Alabama leading the way with four projected first-rounders:
- No. 2 — D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss — Arizona Cardinals
- No. 4 — Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama — New York Jets
- No. 5 — Drew Lock, QB, Missouri — New York Giants
- No. 9 — Greedy Williams, DB, LSU — Buffalo Bills
- No. 10 — Jachai Polite, DL/LB, Florida — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- No. 11 — Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama — Green Bay Packers
- No. 12 — Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama — Cleveland Browns
- No. 13 — Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky — Miami Dolphins
- No. 16 — Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama — Cincinnati Bengals
- No. 17 — Deandre Baker, DB, Georgia — Tennessee Titans
- No. 22 — Montez Sweat, DL, Mississippi State — Oakland Raiders
- No. 24 — Devin White, LB, LSU — Pittsburgh Steelers
- No. 28 — Jeffery Simmons, DL, Mississippi State — Los Angeles Chargers
This can all change, obviously, but for now, three of the 13 players are offensive players and 10 players are defenders.